HomeThis is HorseheadInvestor RelationsProducts and Services
Our FacilitiesContact UsOur Qualilty PolicyEnvironmentNews Room

Palmerton, PA

The history of the Palmerton, Pennsylvania site dates all the way back to 1897. Located in a scenic valley along the Lehigh River 80 miles north of Philadelphia, it was named for the company president who guided the development of the site. Horsehead operates three Waelz kilns at the Palmerton location that produce concentrated zinc material that feeds our Mooresboro plant and other plants around the world. The plant also operates our only calcining kiln. In addition, the Palmerton facility produces powder metal in zinc alloys.